Library Services For Faculty @ RGC During Renovation
Library Materials Return
- A library book return is located inside the 3000 building on the 2nd floor. Library materials from any ACC campus library can be returned at RGC.
- Library staff check the return daily, Mon-Fri.
- Faculty are encouraged to place items on Course Reserves at a campus library with 7 day a week service.
- Those in close proximity to RGC include: HLC, RVS,EVC, or SAC.
- Please consult the new online Reserve Request Form.
- Faculty who have questions about direct linking to any of the library's online content (online articles, streaming media, or ebooks) for students, please ask. We can make sure the links are pointing students to the right place.
- Consider using ACC Blackboard or google docs to share course specific material such as lecture notes, old example quizzes, etc. In this way they are available to students 24/7 and students don't have to photocopy the materials. Contact any of the ID Specialists for assistance in using Blackboard. http://irt.austincc.edu/ids/blackboardresources.php
Faculty Requesting Materials - Delivery Service*
- If faculty are unable to get to another campus library and need library materials for use during class or research, i.e., books or DVDs, we will bring the items to you!
- Please call the HLC Library Circulation Desk at 3-3780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Library staff will retrieve the material needed, check it out, and deliver it to RGC.
- Requests must be made at least 2 business days in advance to allow the time needed for library staff to accommodate your request.
- When finished using the material, simply drop it in the RGC book return!
- *This direct delivery service is only available to RGC faculty and staff. Students must request library materials online through their My Library Account and select another campus library location for pick up.
Requesting Library Instruction Sessions
- At faculty request a librarian will come to your class at RGC.
- Please fill out the online Library Instruction Request Form - select RGC as the campus location.
- The form goes directly to several librarians.
Access to Online Resources & Chat w/ A Librarian
- The library's online resources continue to be available 24/7 - ebooks, streaming media, online articles, journals, tutorials, and more!
- Faculty and students can also get help from a librarian 24/7 (yes, a real live librarian 24/7!) using our on chat service.