Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How can you tell if a web site is trustworthy or not? It's not always easy, but there are things that you can look for that will help you decide.
- Who is the author? Are they qualified to talk about this subject?
- How accurate is the information? You may need to compare what you find with another source to answer this question.
- Who is the audience? This can influence how much detail is included.
- What point of view is being represented? All sites have a bias, but is it obvious or are they trying to hide something?
- How up to date is the site? Older information may no longer be accurate.
General HVAC/R Information
Use the drop-down menu on this tab, above, to go to specific topics.
These are generally higher quality sites than found through Google or Yahoo searches.
When you do use Google, be sure and carefully evaluate the results. See the box to the left.
Finding unfiltered information on the internet about HVAC/R is easy. However, frequently you will get too many entries and many of them will be irrelevant to your specific topic. It requires some skill to do effective searches with focused and relevant results. These sites will save you time.