Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Emergency Management Professional Organizations
Here is a list of local and international Emergency Management Organizations:
- Emergency Management Association of Texas
- The Emergency Management Association of Texas (EMAT) is dedicated to the advancement of the field of emergency management both statewide and nationally. To that end, EMAT engages in an array of efforts to advance a statewide emergency management agenda and to promote the professional growth of the emergency management practitioner.
- National Emergency Management Association
- NEMA, the professional association of emergency management directors from all 50 states, eight territories, and the District of Columbia, is the source of information, support, and expertise for people like you - emergency management professionals at all levels of government and the private sector who prepare for, mitigate, respond to, recover from, and provide products and services for all emergencies, disasters, and threats to the nation’s security.
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- The International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM), which has more than 6,000 members worldwide, is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to promoting the "Principles of Emergency Management" and representing those professionals whose goals are saving lives and protecting property and the environment during emergencies and disasters.
- International Association for Disaster Preparedness and Response
- The International Association for Disaster Preparedness and Response (DERA) is a membership organization founded in 1962 as a nonprofit association linking professionals, volunteers, and organizations active in all phases of disaster preparedness and emergency management. DERA remains an independent, nongovernmental organization (NGO) with dual missions of professional support and disaster service.
- Disaster Recovery Institute International
- Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRI) is the nonprofit that helps organizations around the world prepare for and recover from disasters by providing education, accreditation, and thought leadership in business continuity and related fields. Founded in 1988, DRI International has 15,000+ certified professionals in more than 100 countries and conducts native-language training in more than 50 countries, offering in-depth courses ranging from introductory to master's level, as well as specialty certifications. The organization's annual DRI Conference brings together leading business continuity professionals from both the public and private sector to share best practices and participate in continuing education and volunteerism.