Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Stumped by a Citation Question?
Documentation & Plagiarism
Not sure why you need to document your sources? Read our Documentation & Plagiarism Guide or watch our tutorial video to find out.
Citation, Grammar, and Writing Help
MLA Citation Guides:
- MLA Documentation Guide from ACC Library Services. Also available in PDF format.
- MLA Style Center -- Writing resources from the Modern Langauge Association including a Works Cited quick guide, a digital citation tool, instructions for formatting in-text citations, and more.
- OWL Purdue MLA Style Guide -- Produced by Purdue University, this site covers the general format and guidelines of MLA Style and gives detailed information about constructing in-text MLA citations and creating works cited lists.
Grammar and Writing Guides:
- Excelsior Online Writing Lab MLA Style Guide -- Produced by Excelsior College, this guide provides information regarding MLA basic formatting, in-text citations, Works Cited entries, and writing and grammar guides.
- University of Illinois Writer's Workshop -- Created by the University of Illinois, these resources are designed to help you better understand writing processes, academic writing expectations, how to manage long-term writing projects, writing for job searches and applications. Additionally, we have resources for linguistically diverse writers, such as multilingual and generation 1.5 writers.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab: Grammar -- These OWL resources will help you use correct grammar in your writing. This area includes resources on grammar topics, such as count and noncount nouns, articles (a versus an), subject-verb agreement, and prepositions.
- William & Mary: Writing Resources Center -- Writing and grammar guides and resources from the William & Mary University Writing Resources Center.
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant -- Nicely designed guide to writing various types of essays and documenting them.
- The Elements of Style -- A classic book of simple advice on writing by William Strunk. Even though this is the 1918 edition, it's still good.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Writing Center: Quoting & Paraphrasing -- When and how to use information from research sources.
- The Writing Center - UNC at Chapel Hill -- High-quality materials on the art and craft of effective college-level writing from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- University Writing Resources: Auburn University -- Resources that Auburn University Writing Department has developed to support students and instructors across the disciplines in their writing and writing instruction.
Online Citation Generators
Popular Online Citation Generators -- Listed below are several online citation generators that you may find helpful. Remember to always check the citations that these generators create for accuracy before adding them to your Works Cited list!
Need help with Writing & Grammar?