Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT
ACC encourages responsible printing to reduce costs and environmental impact.
Saving to Google Drive
STUDENTS -- Saving Information to Google Drive
Did you know that ACCMail is a Google Product with cloud storage?
If you have activated your ACCmail account (email@example.com), you have access to many online Google applications like Google Documents. [See more information about this.]
Instruction on how to save to Google Documents can be found at Google Docs Basics.
Note: Unless you want to edit the document online in Google Docs, you do not have to convert it to Google docs format.
Saving Your Files
*** Save Your Work Often ***
** Save Your Files to a USB flash drive or to your Google Drive account **
NOTE: If you are a STUDENT, the computer will log off after 10 minutes of inactivity
If you are a GUEST/VISITOR, your time on the computer is limited to 30 minutes
. (Guests and Visitors, please see this FAQ.
Saving to Portable Drive
Saving Information to portable storage (e.g.,USB drive)
Insert a portable storage device (USB/Thumb drive).
- Go to page you wish to save.
- Click Save As.
- In the pop-up window, click on the down arrow in the Save in window at the top or Browse to the appropriate drive.
- Choose the drive where your portable storage is.
- In the File name window, type a name.
- If you will want to use the information later for word processing, make sure the file name ends in .txt.
- If you will want to look at the information later as a web page, make sure the file name ends in .htm or .html.
- Click Save.
- Remove USB drive safely.
- Note: Saving web pages in HTML format (.htm or .html) will automatically create a folder for any graphics associated with the web page. This can take up a lot of space on your USB drive.