Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are Reference Sources?
Reference Sources are designed to help you find information to include in your research paper. They can help you in many ways-
- To get background information on your topic
- Information about important people (Who), events (What), places (Where), dates (When) and how they are related to your topic (How)
- Definitions and keywords to help you find more sources about your topic
Types of Reference Sources:
- Almanacs (Facts, Statistics)
- Atlas (Geographical info)
- Dictionary (Definitions, Synonyms)
- Encyclopedia (Topic Overview)
- Handbook (Facts, Statistics, Timelines)
How to Use this LibGuide:
How to Navigate this Page
Be sure to notice the tabs at the top. These will lead you to information on: