Welcome! The purpose of this guide is to provide supplemental information and resources for the Women Write the World Book Club. Questions? Just email Mary!
Source content curated from Lit Hub's "43 Most Iconic Short Stories in the English Language" if you would like other short story suggestions.
Each week, you will receive a new reading assignment. You should be able to click on the hyperlink to access the article. Then you will be prompted for your ACC eID and password.
If there are any issues, here are some workarounds.
* For a video walk through, click here.
Follow these steps to access the stories:
* Start at the library homepage: library.austincc.edu.
* Click on A-Z List of Databases.
* Find the database of the story. Most of them are available in Academic Search Complete.
* Click on the database title.
* Type in the name of the short story and author last name. Example: Possessed and Gray (for the short story "Possessed" and author Amelia Gray).
* Read the story. You can also listen to it by clicking on the title of the story and looking for the Listen icon on the right side toolbar.
* HTML text is just text. PDF text is an actual scanned copy of the original article in the journal/magazine.