Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How Do I Get Help with Writing a Paper?
Here are the best places to start:
How do I access these resources?
How do I use these resources?
How do I know which service to use?
ACC Library Services is your one stop shop for all your research needs:
ACC Learning Labs help you organize and write your papers:
- Visit us at every campus and at all hours
- Drop in for tutoring in a specific subject
- Reserve a study room for group work
- Access free, online tutoring help 24/7
Need to start from scratch? The ACC Developmental Writing Department hosts writing workshops, provides links to online resources, and has an online tutorial to help students with their writing skills.
Need an online Dictionary or Thesaurus?
What is a peer-reviewed or scholarly article?
I am supposed to only use peer-reviewed or scholarly journals for my research paper- what are they and how do I find them?
Tutoring at ACC - Face to Face and Online
Brainfuse Tutoring (Available in Blackboard)
Students may access up to 10 30-minute free sessions by using Brainfuse in Blackboard.
Need Microsoft Office or Word?
Free access to Microsoft Office software is available to students, faculty and staff.
What if I don't have a computer or Microsoft Office?
- All ACC campus libraries, learning labs, and ACCelerators offer public access computers with printers to help you get that assignment completed on time!
- Student Email has Google Drive available with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and more.
- Google docs may be saved as Word docs for assignments
- iPads are available for checkout at all ACC libraries
- Library laptops are available for use - checkout at the library front desk - for you to use in the library