CloudSource is available to search from our full discovery interface: https://austincc.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/default or from our library home page search box
What is CloudSource OA?
What is an Open Access publication?
What type of content will I find in the CloudSource OA database?
What would I want to use CloudSource OA?
Go to: https://austincc.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/default
On the page that appears, enter your search term in the box to the left of the Search button
Click on the Search button or press Enter on your keyboard
Click the Open Access Resources tab, under the search bar, if not already selected
Click on View Resource to read an article
- indicates the article or book was published under an open access license
- Creative Commons Zero (CC0) a type of public domain dedication
- Public Domain No Rights Reserved
- Creative Commons License
- BY Credit/Attribution must be given to the creator
- SA Share-Alike adds a requirement for anyone reusing the work to also license their own creation under the same license
- NC Non-Commerical allows for reuse and sharing but reserves commercial rights for the creator
- ND No Derivatives allows sharing and reuse but only if the content is left unchanged
- Author/Publisher specified open access license. It may be unique to publication and can include all rights reserved
- article metrics/engagement: other works cited, times the article was cited, or online engagement such as social media activity.
- article is peer reviewed
- peer review status of article is unknown
For in-depth information and descriptions of open licenses visit the Creative Commons website.