Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are Open Educational Resources (OER)?
Open Educational Resources in Foreign Languages
This list contains samples of several OER Foreign Language resource collections. Specific materials (such as textbooks) can be found on the language's Web Resources tab.
- Merlot has many Open Access Foreign Language textbooks in each language supported at ACC. Use the filters on the left to find the language you want.
- OER Commons has many Foreign Language textbooks. You can click on the full list or (recommended) search for your specific language.
- Open Textbook Library has a variety of Foreign Language textbooks. Please note that the specific language you are seeking may not be in this collection.
- The University of Texas at Austin Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning provides materials for use in language learning pedagogy in the following languages relevant to ACC's offerings: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese (limited), Russian, and Spanish. In addition, COERLL has quite a few webinars on how faculty can find and incorporate OER into their curriculum.
- Galileo Open Learning Materials has a few materials for French, Italian, and Spanish. I'm adding it here because I hope that they add more.
- Open Educational Resources Initiative provides access to numerous resources for Spanish 1 and 2 including open access videos.
Open Access materials can be found using the Mason OER Metafinder. Try using the language as keyword (ex. Japanese) and filter from there.