In 1873, George and Harriet (Standefer) Cluck purchased a large amount of land in this area, which they found to be rich in cedar trees and limestone. Their ranch and home became the central point around which the Cedar Park community developed.
A Post Office was established in 1874 and was named Running Brushy. Harriet Cluck served as an early Postmistress. When the railroad came through Running Brushy in 1882, the community's name was changed to Bruggerhoff to honor a railroad official. Five years later, the current name was adopted. From Williamson County Texas History, learn more about Cedar Park History.
The Cedar Park Public Library currently maintains a 25,500 square feet library building that has over 162,000 items in their collection as of 2019 according to their annual report. They host a variety of events found on their calendar for patrons of all age-levels and offer services such as computer access, printing, interlibrary loan, and reservations for study and meeting rooms. As of May 2023, a new library building is under construction with the anticipated opening in late 2024.